You can also use your own voice to chant sounds, vowels, and mantras to balance your chakras. Make sure you are singing the right musical note for each of your chakras.
In the east the sound of the chakras is associated with their Beeja or seed mantras. In the western world each chakra is associated with a vowel.
There is also a connection between the chakra vowels sound, and the organs and anatomical structures in the human body.
Here is a list of the seed mantra and vowel and their associated body parts/ organs:
- Root chakra = LAM | UH: Feet, knees, pelvis, skeletal system, muscular system
- Sacral chakra = VAM | EW: Reproductive organs, lower back, large intestines, kidneys
- Solar Plexus chakra = RAM | OH: Liver, pancreas, stomach, adrenals
- Heart chakra = YAM | AH: Heart, circulatory system, lungs
- Throat chakra = HAM | OH: Thyroid, vocal chords, esophagus, tonsils, larynx
- Third Eye chakra = AUM | EW: Eyes, ears, brain, endocrine system
- Crown chakra = AUM | UH: Brain, nervous system, hypothalamus, hair, nails, skin